Friday, April 3, 2009

Flame Hills

From Photo Sanity

April 2008 - Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve, Lancaster, California

Each spring if the conditions are right, many areas of California blaze with color thanks to the California poppies. I had been to Antelope Valley previously and thought it was spectacular but nothing prepared me for what I was about to see when I got there this year. It was clear one day and we could see the orange of the hills from almost 8 miles away (no, I am not exaggerating!). This was taken from about 2 miles away in the areas surrounding the Reserve, these lands are riddled with dirt roads and are also great places to explore when the conditions are right. It was a wonderful weekend and people who know better than I said it wasn’t the best they had seen there. I hope to one day get there when it is “the best” but if this wasn’t it sure made me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment